December 3, 2018
Good morning Parents and Guardians,
Please be advised that we have reviewed and adjusted our attendance procedures. Please note that we have changed the time of when we send out a message to parents/guardians regarding absent students in the morning, and added another automated call and email for the afternoon. The message at the end of the day will continue to be sent at 6:00 PM. via email and phone call.
- Morning Absence or Late: Please contact the school before 9:00 AM or you may get a call/email.
- Afternoon Absence or Late: Please contact the school before 1:00 PM or you may get a call/email.
Please make contact with the school office for all attendance information by calling the school at 204-388-4731 or using the HSD parent portal. If you are emailing please use the school office email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, feel free to cc the homeroom teacher in the email.
The safety and well-being of all our students is paramount. We appreciate your understanding and attention as we adjust to this new procedure. Also, please note it takes 20 minutes for our attendance program to populate which is the reason for the time parameters.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us, if you require clarification.
Summary of attendance calls and emails sent home daily:
- Bright Arrow Attendance message for morning absences 9:35 AM
- Bright Arrow Attendance message for afternoon absences 1:35 PM
- Bright Arrow Attendance message for whole day absences 6:00 PM
In addition, all students that leave during the day (signing out at the office) will need to be excused by a parent or guardian prior to leaving the school. If your child returns to school late, they need to check in at the office so we can update their attendance record. Once the student has the late slip from the office, we will note the arrival time.